In this replay of our live Q&A lesson, we answered the biggest questions about the new Traktor X1 Mk3 modular controller. We also chatted with our community about building hybrid set-ups, accessible DJ gear, determining energy levels and more!
Here’s what’s covered…
- 0:00 Intro
- 3:41 Does the Traktor X1 Mk3 have an audio interface?
- 5:02 How does the Traktor X1 Mk3 USB hub work?
- 5:53 What are the differences between the Traktor Kontrol X1 Mk2 and Mk3?
- 7:45 Why is there a “mixer mode”?
- 9:41 Is the new X1 Mk3 right for me?
- 14:30 What’s the point of this new controller?
- 15:29 What features are missing in Traktor Pro 3 software?
- 17:44 Will Native Instruments come out with more advanced controllers?
- 18:56 What file format does the iTunes store sell?
- 21:18 Is the X1 Mk3 a good set-up for travelling?
- 22:21 What is it like to use modular DJ gear?
- 25:43 Will Traktor software add in live stems?
- 27:15 Why do some DJs build a hybrid, modular DJ set-up?
- 30:33 Where I can purchase your book “Rock The Dancefloor!”?
- 31:13 What’s the most accessible DJ set-up for blind DJs?
- 31:56 In your online DJ courses, do you also provide the music?
- 36:33 What gear can I travel with to work on scratch techniques?
- 37:52 What are your thoughts on Mixed In Key for determining energy levels?
Learn to DJ with us: The Complete DJ Course